The SANS Technology Institute offers a Master of Science Degree in Information Security Engineering (MSISE). This degree program is intended for security leaders who have hands-on (operational) information security responsibilities.
The SANS MSISE program has ten (10) key learning objectives. MSISE students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in both written assignments as well as oral presentations.
- Conduct research, synthesize results and produce insightful and beneficial written projects and presentations.
- Effectively articulate leadership development theory and skills as it relates to information security.
- Apply theoretical ideas in information security to real world situations.
- Effectively articulate project management theory and implementation strategies (time management, organization, accountability, effective listening, conflict resolution, etc.).
- Design, implement and manage an effective security awareness program.
- Demonstrate IT Security knowledge skills and abilities such as incident handling, hacker techniques and exploits and intrusion incident handling.
- Utilize IT security knowledge, skills and abilities as it relates to software security.
- Demonstrate a broad based understanding of IT Security knowledge skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate hands-on skills through the GIAC GSE lab exam.
Attaining your MSISE is no simple task, requiring years of experience and commitment. If you have your mind set on the long term goal of being a strong, technical leader in information security, and if you feel up to the challenge, head on over to the SANS MSISE site for more information.